[one-users] Haizea on CentOS 5

Sander Klous sander at nikhef.nl
Mon Sep 14 07:04:58 PDT 2009

Hi Haizea Developers,
Can I address you through this list, or do I need to subscribe to the
Haizea list directly?

Haizea needs python 2.5, but RHEL 5 comes with python 2.4. Since LCG
will move to SL5 (a derivative from
RHEL) it would be really useful to make Haizea build with python 2.4. Or
even better, provide some RPMs for it. Is that doable?

I've tried to compile it (ignoring the 2.5 requirement), but it stops
just before:
"running install_egg_info"

Although I'm not sure that is fatal, the test command fails as well:

[opennebula at aulnes haizea]$ haizea -c
/opt/haizea/share/haizea/etc/sample_trace.conf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/haizea/bin/haizea", line 3, in ?
    from haizea.cli import commands
ImportError: No module named haizea.cli
[opennebula at aulnes haizea]$ less /opt/haizea/bin/haizea
[opennebula at aulnes haizea]$ haizea -c
/opt/haizea/share/haizea/etc/sample_trace.conf
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/opt/haizea/bin/haizea", line 3, in ?
    from haizea.cli import commands
ImportError: No module named haizea.cli

Thanks,
Sander