[one-users] How opennebula allocate ip to vm

Jass Zhao jass.zhao at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 09:26:30 PDT 2009

Hi,

I'm planning to use opennebula, and I got a question about vm ip address.

Assuming I submit a Xen vm, nebula automatically create the guest os
configuration file, which includes the vm's mac address. If the vm use dhcp
to get its ip, the vm is the only one that knows what the ip is. In other
words, it seems opennebula has no way to get the vm ip in advance. How can I
get the vm's ip once I submit a vm.

>From the documents, "onevnet show“ could tell the vm ip. I'm confused. Does
vm register its ip back to opennebula?

Gnep