[one-users] Issues when i integrate opennebula with vmware server

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Tue Sep 1 02:36:25 PDT 2009

Hi marimuthu,

comments inline,

On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 1:44 PM, <marimuthu.balasubramanian at wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi Tino,
>
>        I have set the VM_DIR in oned.conf file . Seems to be the "fileName" varilable in OneVmmVmware.java refered to $ONE_LOCATION/var/eployment.0. Might be vmid is missing between "var" and "deployment.0". I am making the required changes  in OneVmmVmware.java to refer the right path $ONE_LOCATION/var/<vmid>/deployment.0

That is strange, since OpenNebula will pass to the driver something like

$ONE_LOCATION/var/<vmid>/images/deployment.0

and then the driver will remove the "/images". Could you tell us what
do you have in the "str" variable after line 87 ("str=in.readLine()").

> I am trying write code to generate vmx file. My question is
> Is their any way to identify the path equivalnt to datastore?

In ESX hypervisors the datastore is located in
/vmfs/volumes/<datastore_name>. In VMware server the prefix may vary,
look in your filesystem for the <datastore_name>.

>       Some time onehost is not showing the informations. but When I test with one_im_ware shell script it is wokring fine
>
> ./lib/mads/one_im_vmware --username <username> --password <password>
> INIT
> INIT SUCCESS
> MONITOR 0 vmware-server.wipro.com
> MONITOR SUCCESS 0 HYPERVISOR=vmware,TOTALMEMORY=1048576,TOTALCPU=100,MODELNAME="System Product Name",CPUSPEED=2660,USEDCPU=0,FREECPU=100,USEDMEMORY=448790,FREEMEMORY=599786,NETTX=0,NETRX=0
>
> What coul~ be reason?

Couyld you send over the $ONE_LOCATION/var/oned.log? That may be a
connection problem.

Best regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova