[one-users] Assigning fixed IP's to VM's

cmasmas cmasmas cmasmas10 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 02:39:17 PDT 2009

2009/10/5 Jaime Melis <j.melis at fdi.ucm.es>

> Hi cmasmas,

First of all, thanks for your answer.

> This parameter is actually very important. The way hypervisors work is to
> create a tun/tap device and to attach to it a bridge. The whole point of
> this is to permit your vm to be in the same network as the the selected
> device of the host. Execute 'brctl show' to see what bridges you have.

eth0            8000.001e373597bc       no              peth0

> Regarding the network template, I would suggest that you didn't specify the
> MAC for each IP, like this:
>
> *LEASES = [IP=192.168.2.2]
> LEASES = [IP=192.168.2.3]*

I think I do need to specity a MAC-IP pair. Each VM must have the same IP,
always, even if they are restarted.

Maybe what I'm trying to do is not possible. I wanted to create a small
network of 5-6 VM's to do some testing. I don't need access to Internet, but
only the communication between the VM's. In a previous mail, I said about
the problem with the DHCP server @ University.
So, is it possible what I need without a DHCP server?

Thanks again, and sorry if I'm not clear.