[one-users] occi interface -some undocumented features

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Tue Oct 6 06:34:30 PDT 2009

Hi Gary,

comments interspersed,

On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 9:19 AM, Gary Mazz <garymazzaferro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I been running the occi interface though some of its paces as I'm getting
> the "C" cli working. I've run into some unexpected features. I'm using the
> latest code from trunk.
>
> 1) The compute resources do not list VMs or hosts create with one-hosts
> (using the dummy driver).

Resources added via onehost are physical, and just intended to be
fiddled with with the oneadmin account. The OCCI interface should not
show or manage the physical resource, as it is intended to be a public
cloud interface.

> 2) Retrieve bad/malformed resource: HTTP responses 404 to unknown resources
> send a bunch of sinatra "wise crack" junk in the body

I am not sure I understand this. Could you please elaborate/give an
example of these bad/malformed resources?

> 3) Retrieve unknown resource: HTTP responses 500 "Internal Server Error" to
> unknown resources/uuid. The body contains message "<title>NoMethodError at
> /network/AAABBB</title> and  a backtrace

This should be fixed in
http://redmine.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/814.
Can you confirm it?

> 4) Resource Delete: Always returns OK/200

This should be fixed in
http://redmine.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/815.
Can you confirm it?

> cheers,