[one-users] host with both tm_ssh and tm_lvm

Shi Jin jinzishuai at gmail.com
Sat Nov 7 08:25:40 PST 2009

Thank you.
I thought about this as well. But can you help me with the
REQUIREMENTS directive?
REQUIREMENTS="HOSTNAME=\"*-lvm\""
does not work, I think because the HOSTNAME is the value of the
hostname command of the host, as shown by "onehost show <HID>|grep
HOSTNAME". How do we specify a REQUIREMENTS according to the NAME
variable of a host?
Thanks a lot.

Shi

On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 3:20 AM, Jaime Melis <j.melis at fdi.ucm.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> In your /etc/hosts file you can have many names for the same IP:
>
> 192.168.0.10 worker workerlvm
>
> You can associate worker to tm_ssh and workerlvm to tm_lvm.
>
> In the VM template file you can use the REQUIREMENTS directive to specify
> that the VM must be deployed in a node ending with "lvm".
>
> Regards,
> Jaime
>
> On Sat, Nov 7, 2009 at 5:33 AM, Shi Jin <jinzishuai at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi there,
>>
>> Is there a way for a host to have multiple tm drivers?
>> I tried to add the same  host twice using "onehost create" with
>> different drivers and  didn't get complaints.
>> But when I deploy the images, sometimes I will have errros.
>> The problem is that it may use the ssh driver to image that needs lvm
>> or lvm driver to the image needing ssh.
>> When it happens to use the right driver, it works perfectly.
>>
>> I guess the best solution is to specify the driver in the template for
>> each disk instead of for hosts. This way, we could have a VM with
>> multiple disks, one using LVM and another using ssh. How do you think?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> Shi
>>
>> --
>> Shi Jin, Ph.D.