[one-users] How to create the disk images

Rodrigue CHAKODE Rodrigue.Chakode at imag.fr
Fri Nov 6 05:02:15 PST 2009

Hello,

I'm a beginner with opennebula:
I read in the documentation that the disks declaration is a something like the following:

DISK = [
  source   = "/local/xen/domains/etch/disk.img",
  target   = "sda",
  readonly = "no" ]

Secondly, I seen that we have 3 possibilities to declare the disks into xen:
 1) Exporting Physical Devices as VBDs
 2) Using File-backed VBDs (from dd for example)
 3) Using LVM-backed VBDs

I dont know if I'm right, but I think that the declaration with opennebula is like with the option 2.
My problem is when I try to create a disk image with dd, I'm not able to create a large image with about 8GB for example (dd fail because the file is to large).

Can anyone can help me.

Regards
--
Rodrigue