[one-users] Additional Questions....

Raul Sampedro raul.sampedro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 09:42:14 PDT 2009

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 5:15 PM, Damien Cerbelaud <dcerbelaud at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've successfully set up and run OpenNebula on a shared Ubuntu-KVM
> Centos-Xen infrastructure, and I am very pleased to see that you guys
> did a great job, and everything runs smoothly.

Thank you in the name of all team that develop OpenNebula

> I still had a couple
> questions that could ease ONE's use that is:
>
> - Is there a Graphical interface to ONE allowing people to monitor
> machines, add templates, ...?

Not, not yet, but you can use "onevm top" for Virtual Machines and
"onehost top" for Physical hosts

> - How does the admin node chooses between hosts with differente
> hypervisors? I had a couple times a Xen image sent to a KVM node, and
> provisioning failed

At this time OpenNebula don't choose between hypervisors, but would be
easy to add a script that checks what kind of hypervisor is running in
every resource host and add a field in the template file that use this
field as a requirement to send this VM to a resource host.

Modifying files: xen.rb and kvm.rb (im_probes/ruby) adding the line

puts hypervisor=KVM (in kvm.rb file)

puts hypervisor=XEN (in xen.rb file)

> - Is there a way to gracefully remove an item from the database?

No, but is useful to use like history
>each
> time I do onehost/onevm/onevnet delete <myitem>, the VID still stays
> "occupied" and the next VID is incremented.

Thanks

Raúl