[one-users] Java API questions

Rangababu rbabu at hexagrid.com
Tue Jun 16 20:26:02 PDT 2009

Hi

First of all thanks for providing the Java API.  I have couple of
questions about it.

(a) What is the difference between VmState & LcmState?

(b) The junit test OpenNebulaClientTest has a lifecycle test method
where in, after calling vmallocate, vmdeploy is called. Do we always
have to call vmDeploy? If we add couple of hosts to openNebula host list
and call vmallocate, wont OpenNebula figure out which host to use? Is it
required to call vmDeploy with a host Id? or is it only available for
users who want to specify which host their vm should reside on?

Rangababu