[one-users] ubuntu front end and openSUSE node

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 10 19:27:02 PDT 2009

Hi there,

I am having a bit wierd situation. I have an existing cluster all running Ubuntu 9.04 with KVM as the hypervisor. It works fine. Now I have a new node, which is running openSUSE 11.1 with Xen as the hypersivor. I think OpenNebula supports both and the drivers can be loaded together. However, I am unable to get VMs running on the new OpenSUSE node.  The node is added without any problem. If I remove all other nodes, the newly created VM will always be in the "Pending" state.  I am wondering what could be wrong in my setup and how I can debug this. Right now, other than finding the pending state, the /var/log/one log files does not give me much information.

Also, in the template file, do I need to specify whether I want the hypervisor to be KVM or Xen? How do I do that if I want to?

Thank you very much.
--
Shi Jin, PhD