[one-users] Xen onevm - please give more information

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Wed Jan 21 04:26:59 PST 2009

Hello,

On Jan 20, 2009, at 7:18 PM, marimuthu.balasubramanian at wipro.com wrote:
> onehost create <ipaddress> im_xen vmm_xen tm_ssh
> onevnet create <vnet template>
> onevm create <vm template>
> VM also successfully submitted and it transfers VM image. But some
> times onevm command fails
> the error is http 407 authentication failed (Proxy authentication
> required)
> Note: we are setting http_proxy env. variable for software
> installtion purpose. whenever i got the above errot i used to
> nullify the same env. variable. after that it works fine. sometime
> onevm command works with http_proxy env. variable. so i am confused
> which is causing the above error
>
> Could you please give me some tips to identify the solution for the
> above error

ONE CLI uses two ways to comunicate and get information, reading
database (for commands like "list") an xml-rpc (to create new VM's and
managing them). XML-RPC is using http protocol to connect to one
daemon and as you are specifying a proxy in the environment it is
trying to use it. I encourage you to undefine that environment
variable to use ONE commands. If you really need the proxy and can
search for a workaround.

> Our another issue is when we submit the VM using onevm command, the
> VM state is in ruuning stage. but the console of the vm machine is
> not opened in  the node machine. it says
> XENbus is not found

I am searching that error on google and I find nothing that error.
Where it is telling you that message, is it xend.log?

> we are using openSUSE as the OS for the node. i have attached the
> template used for the onevm command. let me know whether the
> template is right. How we can make sure the template is right?

The template is not right as you are specifying an image for the
complete disk (xvda):

DISK = [source="/home/wipro/vm-image/disk0",target="xvda",
BOOT="true", readonly="no"]

and thendefinig swap in (xvda1):

DISK    = [type="swap",size=1024,target="xvda1"]

You shoud define slices or entire disks, but you can't mix them.

Bye

--
Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher