[one-users] unable to start a VM

Upendra Sharma upendras at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 31 15:05:11 PST 2009

Hi,

I have downloaded OpenNebul -1.1.85
I have installed it on CentOS 5.2

I am trying to create a VM (using "onevm create myvm.tmp") but it returns the result is that the VM creation is always pending

onevm list:
  ID     NAME STAT CPU     MEM        HOSTNAME        TIME
   2   TestVM pend   0       0                 00 00:00:20

 onevm show TestVM
VID            : 2
UID            : 0
STATE          : PENDING
LCM STATE      : LCM_INIT
DEPLOY ID      :
MEMORY         : 0
CPU            : 0
LAST POLL      : 0
START TIME     : 01/31 17:59:48
STOP TIME      : 12/31 19:00:00
NET TX         : 0
NET RX         : 0

....: Template :....
    CPU             : 1
    DISK            : READONLY=no,SOURCE=/home/upendra/nebula/images/CentOS5.img,TARGET=sda
    MEMORY          : 256
    NAME            : TestVM
    NIC             : BRIDGE=eth0,IP=192.168.245.80,MAC=00:03:c0:a8:f5:50,NETWORK=Public VLAN,VNID=0
    OS              : BOOTLOADER=/usr/bin/pygrub

I do not know what is the problem. I frankly do not know where to start the debugging from?
Any help is appreciated.

My cluster configuration is as follows: my cluster front-end is again a CentOS 5.2 machine with xen on it. I have added two more nodes on it (obelix41, obelix43)
 onehost list
 HID NAME                      RVM   TCPU   FCPU   ACPU    TMEM    FMEM STAT
   0 obelix41                    0             0    100                   on
   1 obelix43                    0             0    100                   on

Each of these machines are a quadcore dual-processor machine.

thanks,
-upendra

tha