[one-users] OpenNebula on BladeCenter H

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Mon Feb 23 11:42:21 PST 2009

Hi Ivan,
	In our setup we are successful using Quad Core CPU's blades. From my point of
view the most important part is to decide the hypervisor: Xen or KVM. This
decision as you mention could be driven by your hardware (e.g. HVM
support...). Then check which linux distribution support best the hypervisor
of your choice. The requirements of OpenNebula are so generic that you should
be fine whatever you choose.

Finally, as you probably know, OpenNebula is available for Ubuntu so you may
consider using Ubuntu server as well. In that case, KVM will be the obvious
choice for the underlying hypervisor.

Cheers!

Ruben

On Friday 20 February 2009 16:37:01 Ivan Porro wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> we are going to test One on a small IBM infrastructure.
> Does anyone have any experience/suggestion to install OpenNebula on a
> BladeCenterH with HS21 Blades (2x2.5GHz Quad Core Xeon) and Infiniband?
>   On the OS we'll probably have CentOS 5.2 / RHEL 5.2 which should be
> painless for One but the Infiniband may be not
>
> We also have some QS22 Blades but I think OpenNebula is not happy with
> the Cell/BE PowerPC core exposed to the OS even if I've found this
> presentation:
> http://www.power.org/devcon/07/Session_Downloads/PADC07_Cho_20070914_xen_ce
>ll.pdf
>
> Any hint on the two topics is welcome! Thank you in advance
>
> 	ivan

 Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
 Associate Professor
 Distributed System Architecture Group (http://dsa-research.org)