[one-users] Problems with scheduling VMs / Bug in Scheduler.cc

Niraj Tolia ntolia at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 18:11:31 PST 2009

Hi Ruben,

OK. That makes sense. I believe I might have been doing something
wrong. Let me look into it.

On a related note, I discovered something that seems to be
inconsistent with the documentation at
http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.4:ug . The
documentation states that you can say

REQUIREMENTS = FREECPU > 0.6

However, that will fail with the following error

% onevm create <template>
Error: Error parsing VM template

Trying to replace that with REQUIREMENTS = 'FREECPU > 0.6' will lead
to this error in sched.log -- "[HOST][E]: Error evaluating expresion:
FREECPU > 0.6, error: syntax error, unexpected INTEGER, expecting $end
at line 1, columns 12:13"

The thing that does work is REQUIREMENTS = 'FREECPU > .6'

Cheers,
Niraj