[one-users] Problems with scheduling VMs / Bug in Scheduler.cc

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Fri Feb 20 17:46:44 PST 2009

Hi Niraj,

The host->match() function sets the matched variable to true or false
depending on the expression. The "rc" value returned by host->match() is used
to check whether an error (i.e. syntax) is found while evaluating the
expression. So rc==0 does not imply a matched resource.

Could you send us the REQUIREMENTS that you are using, and the 'onehost show'
output for a resource that you expect that would match.

Cheers

Ruben

On Saturday 21 February 2009 02:37:23 Niraj Tolia wrote:
> I have run into a couple of problem while evaluating OpenNebula and I
> might have found a bug in Scheduler::match().
>
> If you look at the code for the function match() in Scheduler.cc, the
> variable 'matched' starts out uninitialized. Now, if reqs != "",
> host->match() is called. However, even if the call to match is
> successful, matched is never set to true and and therefore that host
> is never checked for capacity. Simply setting match = true when rc ==0
> seems to fix the problem I am seeing.
>
> Please let me know if you need more details.
>
> Cheers,
> Niraj

 Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
 Associate Professor