[one-users] Creating disk.img???

Raul Sampedro raul.sampedro at gmail.com
Tue Feb 17 04:14:02 PST 2009

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 6:24 AM, Madireddy Samuel Vijaykumar
<mad.vijay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,

Hello Sam,

> I following the quick start guide. I have created two xen VMs on a debian
> and a front end server on Ubuntu 8.04. Now i m just stuck at ...
>
> We are going to build a VM template to submit the image we had placed in the
> /opt/nebula/images directory. The following will do:
>
> NAME   = vm-example
> CPU    = 0.5
> MEMORY = 128
> OS     = [
>   kernel   = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.18-4-xen-amd64",
>   initrd   = "/boot/initrd.img-2.6.18-4-xen-amd64",
>   root     = "sda1" ]
>
> DISK   = [
>   source   = "/opt/nebula/images/disk.img",
>   target   = "sda1",
>   readonly = "no" ]
> DISK   = [
>   type     = "swap",
>   size     = 1024,
>   target   = "sdb"]
>
> NIC    = [ NETWORK = "Public VLAN" ]
>
> My question how do we create disk images for nebula? Is there a guide? Pls
> let me know.  Thanks in advance....

There is no special images for OpenNebula, OpenNebula only manage VM
of XEN, KVM, EC2, ... images  so you don't need any special image
(because does not exists ), OpenNebula operates in a superior layer.

I hope this explanation helps you.

Cheers