[one-users] Google Summer of Code

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Fri Feb 27 02:16:23 PST 2009

Hi everyone,
	This year we (the OpenNebula community) will apply to be a mentoring organization
in Google Summer of Code program (GSoC). GSoC will give us the opportunity (If we are accepted)
to work with very talented, self-motivated students. During the summer the students will be part of
our community, and will have the opportunity to learn the basics of virtualization, cloud computing
and OpenNebula.

	We have setup a wiki page to list project ideas (one of the most
important requirements to be part of GSoC) at:

http://trac.opennebula.org/wiki/GoogleSummerofCode_Ideas

In this URL you'll find more information on GSoC, and details on how to include your project idea. We have already included some, and I encourage everyone to submit more!. The deadline for submitting the mentorship application form is March 13th. So it'd be great to have all the project ideas by March 10th, so we have time to smooth rough edges.

If you have any question just reply to this thread. I'll keep you updated with our progress in GSoC!

Thanks

Ruben

 Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
 Associate Professor