[one-users] Problem with ONE 1.4 and Xen 3.2

Tres Wong-Godfrey tres at blas.phemo.us
Thu Dec 31 02:26:35 PST 2009

Yeah, I ran into the same problem getting the scheduler to provision on a host that had plenty of free resources. Statically defining memory for dom0 as a kernel parameter in grub.conf is how I got things running like they should.

kernel /[kernel_version] dom0_mem=256MB

It's not convenient, but I really don't know how you'd get accurate memory accounting without it. Adding the change to a Puppet manifest or CFEngine policy file makes it a set-it-and-forget-it process anyway.

It's a small price to pay (in my opinion) for a scheduler that's smart enough to know when a server is full.