[one-users] ONE and VMWare: configuring contextualization

Nikola Milutinovic n.milutinovic at levi9.com
Wed Dec 2 07:57:08 PST 2009

Tino Vazquez wrote:
> Hi Nikola,
>
> Sorry for the delayed answer. You are completely right, there is some
> code lacking to actually add the ISO as a CD to the image (we think
> this is the easiest way to go). If you take a look at lines 226-233 of
> src/vmm_mad/vmware/DeployVM.java, you can see some commented lines
> were the code to perform the CD adding should be. I've opened a ticket
> [1] for you to track this issue, I will code it and try it out as soon
> as I have some spare time.

Thank you Tino for looking into it. I agree that Java code might be a
better place for this functionality. I could make it work in the shell
script, if I find the time. Still there are some things to consider,
like what if the VM already has a CD defined, either as a physical
device or an ISO image. Maybe a second CD drive should be used. Etc....

We here have a specific and controlled situation, which may apply poorly
on a general use case.

Nix.
--
Met vriendelijke groet / Kind regards,
Nikola Milutinovic

Chamber of commerce Levi9 Global Sourcing BV: 34221951
Chamber of commerce Levi9 Global Sourcing Benelux BV: 34224746
This e-mail may contain confidential or privileged information. If you
are not (one of) the intended recipient(s), please notify the sender
immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
permanently without retaining a copy. Any review, disclosure, copying,
distribution or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this
e-mail by persons or entities other than the intended recipient(s) is
strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

The services of Levi9 are exclusively subject to its general terms and
conditions. These general terms and conditions can be found on
www.levi9.com <http://www.levi9.com/> and a copy will be promptly
submitted to you on your request and free of charge.