[one-users] Attach a console to kvm instance to debug network/boot issue

Gavin netmatters at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 07:59:37 PDT 2009

Hi Javier,

Your solution seems to have solved the issue of the
/etc/network/interfaces population.

Thank you very much for this!!

However I have tried symlinkin the wrapper/proxy script from
/etc/init.d/vmcontextproxy.sh to /etc/rc2.d and I also tried linking
it to rcS.d so that it fires after disk mount but before networking
and the nic's still don't come up.

What I have had to do that works is add '/etc/init.d/networking
restart' to /etc/rc/local.

This is probably not the most elegant workaround but it works.

Any hints as to why vmcontext populates the network config correctly
but the vm fails to bring up the interfaces ??

Thanks again for all your help!

Regards,
Gavin