[one-users] Customizing monitoring

Javier Fontan jfontan at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Aug 27 04:26:41 PDT 2009

Hello,

Information manger is designed to be easily extended. The scripts just
to return something like this:

--8<------
DISKFREE=87238
FANSPEED=3500
------>8--

Then you add the script in the configuration file of the driver an it
will be executed remotely and those information added to the database.
To get this information you have to use onehost show. In the new 1.4
beta (1.3.80) you have --xml option for onehost to give this
information in xml format so it will be easily parsed by a program.

Bye

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 7:50 PM, Rangababu
Chakravarthula<rbabu at hexagrid.com> wrote:
> I understand from this
> link http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:rel1.2:img that one
> uses probe scripts to get information on remote VMs. Is there a way to
> customize or extend these to update our database with status and other
> metrics for all the VM nodes.
> The documentation says we can get host status by executing onevm list or
> show but we have to again parse that data and update our db.
> We are using KVM hypervisor.
> Any help is appreciated.
> Ranga

Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher