[one-users] Some more info

Tino Vazquez tinova at fdi.ucm.es
Thu Aug 20 03:39:26 PDT 2009

Hi Harsha,

comments inline,

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 2:39 PM, Harsha Buggi <Harsha_Buggi at mindtree.com>wrote:

> I tried creating a new user on the system and also created the same user
> using 'oneuser create' command. I did not set the ONE_AUTH variable.I then
> logged into the system with the new user credentials and I am able to start
> and stop one server.Shoudnt one server be checking for ONE_AUTH variable and
> thus not allow the new user to perform any action?
>
> My sudoers file entry is:
> %cloud ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL

The new created user shouldn't be able to stop the one server. This is not
OpenNebula's domain, here we are talking kernel permissions on operations.
Could you check:

1) Which user is running the one server

2) If, after stopping the one server with the new user, the one server
process has indeed stopped (pgrep oned). It may be the case that the process
is still running.

Should this user be created on the system too?

> Regards,
> Harsha

Best,

-T

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova