[one-users] Fwd: VMware difficulties

Tino Vazquez tinova79 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 04:42:04 PDT 2009

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tino Vazquez <tinova79 at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 12:13 PM
Subject: Re: [one-users] VMware difficulties
To: Dan Dockery <ddockery at digitalriver.com>

Hi Dan,

You can register a user in [1], that we will aprove and then you will
be able to submit tickets to our tracker.

I've openned a ticket for improving VMware drivers logging, you can
track it using [2].

I've already committed your suggestion of changing memory variable
from int to long [3].

As for the rest of your suggestions, they look reasonable, although I
will need more time to evaluate them.

Thanks a lot for the feedback! We really appreciate it.

Regards,

-Tino

[1] http://redmine.opennebula.org
[2] http://redmine.opennebula.org/issues/133
[3] http://redmine.opennebula.org/projects/1/repository/revisions/768

--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova

On Thu, Aug 6, 2009 at 8:13 PM, Dan Dockery<ddockery at digitalriver.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I hope you don't mind the follow-up note, but here's another thing that I
just noticed/changed in lib/tm_commands/vmware/tm_clone.sh
> 1) On my system, images does not have a trailing slash which breaks the
sed syntax.  For the short term, I've just removed the trailing slash from
images so that it can detect paths correctly (note - this also applies to
tm_delete.sh in the same directory).
> 2) Using cp -R is likely to waste disk space as vmware thin provisioned
disks are provisioned on NFS as sparse files.  cp will explode them into
non-sparse files (or at least, it does on some operating systems - I'm not
sure of the performance on all of them).  Using something like "rsync -a
--sparse" will preserve the files as sparse so that they do not explode and
use extra disk space.