[one-users] non-dedicated cluster

Tino Vazquez tinova79 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 10:48:27 PDT 2009

Hello Esperanza,

Very interesting mail. These type of policies that would allow to
dynamically reshape the placement of VMs to conform to certain QoS are
really useful. For that, OpenNebula's scheduler would have to be
extended. By design, OpenNebula scheduler has been thought to provide
a comprehensive framework to implement these policies. If you want to
give it a try, we would be more than happy to provide support in these
development.

Alternatively, you can take a look at an open source scheduler that
integrates with OpenNebula to see if it can accomodate your needs (it
provides advance reservation):
http://haizea.cs.uchicago.edu/documentation.html

Best regards,

-Tino
--
Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/tinova