[one-users] OpenNEbula - Dynamic scaling

Ruben S. Montero rubensm at dacya.ucm.es
Sat Apr 4 16:19:50 PDT 2009

Hi,

We are working in a simulation environment based on the OpenNebula
engine, but currently is not in usable. Check:

http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/onesim

However, we have performed some experiments on scaling a private
infrastructure with EC2. In particular, we've analyzed the deployment
of two different services:

- Computing Cluster (Sun Grid engine).
http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:uc3

- Web Server (NGIX)
http://www.opennebula.org/doku.php?id=documentation:uc4

If you are interested, we have studied the performance of this
services when they are deployed locally and then scaled with EC2
resources. A summary of this work will be published in
Workshop on Automated Control for Datacenters and Clouds (ACDC 2009):

"Elastic Management of Cluster-based Services in the Cloud", Rafael
Moreno-Vozmediano, Ruben S. Montero and Ignacio M. Llorente

I can send you a copy if you want.

Cheers

Ruben

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:01 PM,  <marimuthu.balasubramanian at wipro.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  We have following private cloud infrastrucuture setup.
>
> Cloud Front-end(OS - ubuntu , openNEbula )
> 3 Cluster nodes (OS - SUSE 11 with Xen hypervisor)
>
> How can I simulate Dynamic scaling of private infrastructure and Dynamic
> scaling with EC2?
>

> Since I have not found any practical simulation documentation for the
> above scenarios So Please give list of steps that I need to follow for
> simulation.
>
> Regards
> Marimuthu

> The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments.
>
> WARNING: Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.
>
> www.wipro.com

 Dr. Ruben Santiago Montero
 Associate Professor
 Distributed System Architecture Group (http://dsa-research.org)