[one-users] OpenNebula CLVM

Tino Vazquez tinova79 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 06:37:00 PDT 2008

Hi Nuno,

Currently we don't support virtual images in other places than files. The
reason behind this decision is that we couldn't think of a scenario were
virtual images were made available as logical volumes to all the computers
on the physical cluster. So our approach was to recommend one base image and
then cloning this one whenever required.

Adding this support won't be really hard, maybe you can convince us that
there is a use case worth to be taken into account.

Best regards,

-Tino

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Nuno Fernandes <npf-mlists at eurotux.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Does opennebula supports that the virtual images are in Logical Volumes
> instead of file based images?
> I've searched the docs and only found file based images information, not
> logical volumes.
>
> Thanks,
> Nuno Fernandes

Constantino Vázquez, Grid Technology Engineer/Researcher:
http://www.dsa-research.org/doku.php?id=people:tinova