[Interoperability] meeting notes from our first teleconference

Piyush Harsh piyush.harsh at inria.fr
Fri Sep 9 02:17:42 PDT 2011

Dear OpenNebula Interoperability WG members,

I am including the meeting notes from the telco held on Sep 07 2011
(Wednesday).

Participants:
	Piyush Harsh (INRIA)
	Yvon Jegou (INRIA)
	Roberto Cascella (INRIA)
	Christine Morin (INRIA)
	Jean-Pierre Laisne (OW2)
	Javi Fontan (UCM)
	Florian Feldhaus (TU Dortmund)
	Matej Artec (XLab)

Missing from Telco:
	Jamie Marshall (Prologue)
	Ignacio M. Llorente (UCM)

Meeting Minutes:
- Contrail project description by Piyush and Yvon
- Contrail's use of OpenNebula, support for OVF, OCCI, REST interface
- Florian told SLA at SOI project is finished, provides OCCI support in
OpenNebula 3.0
- Described CDMI + OCCI for Storage Management in OpenNebula
- Jean-Pierre described Compatible ONE, interconnection of clouds
- Javier described new and upcoming feature in OpenNebula 3.0
- Matej talked about monitoring using RabbitMQ
- Jean-Pierre talked about Open World Forum, cloud computing is a major
topic, encouraged participation (Meeting Spet 22 1pm - 3pm in Paris)

Discussion on working group charter
- people can see what the OpenNebula community is doing
- facilitate postings of how-to, documentation
- totally open ideology
- showcase usage in real world
- work towards advancing the Eco-system

Decisions taken
- make interoperability mailing list public
- advertise the existence of this mailing list to encourage general
participation from community members
- wiki will remain same as the existing wiki linked to the OpenNebula
website
- invite participation from VenusC, Mosaic, StratusLab.
- next telco to be decided via mailing list in future

Kindly update the minutes if I have missed anything. Javier, if you have
time, can you post these minutes on the wiki page.

Thanks everyone for participating,

Kind regards,
Piyush.

--
Dr. Piyush Harsh, R&D Engineer, INRIA
CONTRAIL Project, INRIA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique