[Interoperability] open list?

Ignacio M. Llorente imllorente at opennebula.org
Thu Sep 1 06:59:14 PDT 2011

Dear colleagues,

Right now this mailing list is not open and visible. I wonder if we should
change the list to an open list with a public archive. The implementation of
standards is now a hot topic and we have received other emails from people
interested in this. As open-source project we can not invite them to join...
We may also benefit from non-developer's points in the discussions, too. If
you all agree we would add this list to the mailing list table at
http://www.opennebula.org/community:mailinglists as:

----
The interoperability mailing list is for integrators and developers of
OpenNebula Community to:

- Discuss open standards and their implementation in projects that make use
of OpenNebula
- Coordinate inter-project collaboration especially in the realm of support
for open standards such as OGF OCCI, SNIA CDMI and DMTF OVF
- Coordinate development of open standard APIs with interoperability among
different ecosystem modules

More details in the Working Group on Interoperability and Portability (Link)
----

Our community manager (CC) is announcing the creation of a new project
discuss list, we could take this opportunity to announce this list.

Please let me know what you think, comments?

Thanks!

--
Ignacio M. Llorente, PhD, MBA
Project co-Lead and Director