[Interoperability] CompatibleOne

Ignacio M. Llorente imllorente at opennebula.org
Thu Aug 18 14:41:42 PDT 2011

Hi,

Hope you all have enjoyed (are enjoying) a nice and pleasant summer break.

We have asked Jean Pierre Laisne (CompatibleOne) to send us the emails to
subscribe to the mailing list. BTW, has anyone contacted VenusC/Engineering
regarding this group?. As far as I know, this would complete the list of
organizations/projects working to implement interoperability&portability
standards on OpenNebula.

Cheers,

On Fri, Jul 8, 2011 at 12:21 PM, Piyush Harsh <piyush.harsh at inria.fr> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> This definitely sounds interesting and I think they should be invited to
> the working group. I am sorry I have not yet sent out a detailed email to
> the list outlining in more details the general goals of the working group as
> I have been busy with some other tasks.
>
> But I think a very good starting point for this interoperability working
> group would be to define some kind of charter, road maps, goals for this
> group. For now it could be a written format of few ideas that came out of
> the telco from yesterday.
>
> Comments, suggestions most welcome ..
>
> Kind regards,
> Piyush.
>

> On 07/08/2011 10:34 AM, Ignacio M. Llorente wrote:
>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> Jean Pierre Laisne (BULL), coordinator of CompatibleOne, contacted me
>> yesterday because they are very interested in the OVF and OCCI
>> implementations of OpenNebula. I very briefly told them about the
>> interest/work of Contrail and Venus-C in OVF and the work done by
>> TU-Dormund in OCCI (I think Contrail and Engineering are part of the OW2
>> OSCi group the he coordinates). I am sending this email to the list to
>> see if you think it is interesting to invite them to join this. Comments?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> --
>> Ignacio M. Llorente, PhD, MBA
>> Full Professor (Catedratico) and Head of Research Group
>> Distributed Systems Architecture Research Group at UCM (DSA-Research.org)
>> blog.CloudPlan.org <http://blog.CloudPlan.org> |
>> imllorente.dsa-research.org <http://imllorente.dsa-**research.org<http://imllorente.dsa-research.org>>
>> |
>> llorente at dacya.ucm.es <mailto:llorente at dacya.ucm.es>

> Dr. Piyush Harsh, R&D Engineer, INRIA
> CONTRAIL Project, INRIA Rennes - Bretagne Atlantique
> Campus universitaire de Beaulieu, 35042 Rennes cedex, France
> Phone. +33 2 99 84 71 53 - Fax. +33 2 99 84 71 71
> http://www.irisa.fr/myriads/
> http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~**pharsh/portfolio/<http://www.cise.ufl.edu/~pharsh/portfolio/>
> [Backup Site] http://info-piyush.rhcloud.**com/<http://info-piyush.rhcloud.com/>

Ignacio M. Llorente, PhD, MBA