[one-ecosystem] Cross cloud provider opennebula

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 29 03:51:29 PST 2012

On 28 February 2012 07:08, Ian Peric <ianp at guvera.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've evaluated our options so far and we may go for a commercial solution as
> none of the open source solutions did what we wanted.
>
> I would still like to get an indicator of how much work is involved in
> getting the delta cloud adaptor working with the latest stable opennebula.
>
> If I can get some pointers on how much changed between releases I can
> potentially throw some resources at it.

In the OpenNebula wiki you can find a howto [1] on developing this
kind of drivers. Deltacloud provides a CLI and a rubygem to interact
with his API, so it should not be difficult to build the scripts
described in the previous howto. If you have any doubts, do not
hesitate to contact us.

Also you can open a feature request in our development page [2], so we
can consider it in our next roadmap.

[1] http://wiki.opennebula.org/cloud_provider_driver
[2] http://dev.opennebula.org/

Cheers

> Regards,
> Ian.
>

> On 28/02/12 7:56 AM, Ian Peric wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Daniel,
>>
>> I would love to but it needs to be stable and production ready. Time is
>> also critical at the moment.
>>
>> I will have to go with something that works now. I can then look to expand
>> and customise at a later date.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ian.
>>
>> On 27/02/12 11:40 PM, Daniel Molina wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Ian,

>>> OpenNebula gives you the flexibility to adapt your datacenter to meet
>>> these requirements. Currently the OpenNebula distribution includes
>>> drivers to interact with EC2 clouds in a hybrid cloud scenario but
>>> this set of drivers can be easily extended.

>>> You are right, the current version of this driver is not updated to
>>> interact with OpenNebula 3.x, but it should not be difficult to update
>>> it to the last version. We have just updated the EC2 driver adding new
>>> functionality such as security groups, vpcs, tags... [1] The new
>>> deltacloud driver could be based on this driver, you can take a look
>>> to the one_vmm_ec2.rb file [2].
>>>
>>> If you are interested on updating the deltacloud driver we could
>>> provide feedback on this process
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> [1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1048
>>> [2] one_vmm_ec2.rb: