[one-dev] syncing images with the official marketplace

Daniel Molina dmolina at opennebula.org
Wed Sep 24 04:20:17 PDT 2014

Hi,

The first thing you have to do is request a developer account in the
marketplace, clicking the sign in dropdown:
http://marketplace.c12g.com/appliance

Then you have different options; the easiest way is using the marketplace
portal, you will be able to create a new public appliance. The marketplace
only stores the url of the image, it doesn't store the file itself.
Therefore, as long as you keep the same url for the file the app will use
the last version of the image, without changing anything in the marketplace.

Another option is to update the image metadata with the new url and change
the app version, but users will have to import the appliance again, since
there is no automatic way to manage app versions in opennebula. You can
also create a new appliance for each version of the image.

If you don't want to use the portal and you want to automate this process
you can use the cli included in the appmarket addon client [1] and point to
the public marketplace using your credentials, this way you will be able to
create/update the appliance using a json.
https://github.com/OpenNebula/addon-appmarket/blob/master/src/client/bin/appmarket#L142

Hope this helps, if you have any doubts do not hesitate to ask us.

Cheers

[1]
https://github.com/OpenNebula/addon-appmarket/blob/master/src/client/install.sh

On 23 September 2014 12:43, Karanbir Singh <mail-lists at karan.org> wrote:

> hi guys
>
> how do I go about getting official CentOS images into the marketplace
> that comes pre-setup with every opennebula deployment ?
>
> we are now generating images that should work out of the box with one >=
> 4.4 ( I believe ) using cloud-init, and it would be good if we can setup
> a mwchanism that allows me ( from the centos project side of things ) to
> push images, for updates and security fixs - eg. once every 2 months or
> something like that.
>
> I dont mind if the process is manual, but is there a process we can use
> now ?
>

> --
> Karanbir Singh
> +44-207-0999389 | http://www.karan.org/ | twitter.com/kbsingh