[one-dev] VMware vcenter network driver

Sebastiaan Smit bas at echelon.nl
Fri Oct 17 01:51:12 PDT 2014

Hi list,

We are using OpenNebula with VMware and are looking forward to the upcoming 4.10 release with direct vcenter support. In our test-lab we're evaluating this upcoming release and are very pleased with the results so far.

One thing what in our opinion is missing are vcenter network drivers. Creating portgroups and attaching/detaching nics to VM's is not supported.

Is this functionality already somewhere on the roadmap? Can this be a new "sponsor a feature" for 4.12? Or can we implement this ourselves and submit patches?

Keep up the good work!

Best regards,
--
Sebastiaan Smit