[one-dev] Re; VDC-Store

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Mon Jan 13 03:22:54 PST 2014

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 11, 2014 at 5:36 PM, Gareth Bult <gareth at linux.co.uk> wrote:
> I've just finished another round on vdc-store, I'd quite like to add it to your addons section if possible?

Sure! I suppose you have read the instructions on creating new addons
[1], in case you have any doubt just tell me. I need the name of the
addon to create the repository under the OpenNebula organization, a
short description (that you can later change) and the users with
permission to commit.

For the name it would be great to have something more descriptive to
vdc-nebula as it will be listed with other addons, maybe
addon-storage-vdc. The description is a short phrase with basic
information on what it is.

I see that your github user is "garethbult". Should I add some other user?

Then I'll create a repository with that information with license file
(apache) and a template readme file so it is similar to the other
addons.

> I'd like to talk to you at some point about GUI changes to support the concept (in particular) of replicated
> volumes and the management of said volumes via the GUI, and also the monitoring of storage infrastructure
> (for example the status of a replicated volume / it's sync state, progress etc).
>
> For now I'm doing this using template tags and while sustainable, it's less than ideal.

All our monitoring information (storage included) is stored in the
object template. In the case of storage this is retrieved from the
hosts. Is there any trouble with this?

Cheers

[1] http://opennebula.org/addons/create/

--