[one-dev] OS disk size

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Tue Jan 7 09:40:58 PST 2014

Hi Nikita,

On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 10:32 AM, Nikita Balashov <balashov.nikita at gmail.com
> wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> In OpenNebula 4.2 I was able to put SIZE of the OS disk atttribute in VM
> template that I used to resize openvz images during VM deploy. But in 4.4
> no matter what value I put in there, in deployment file I always receive
> the actual image size. Is it a bug or a new feature?
> That attribute is very handy for OpenVZ driver, since you don't need to
> specially prepare image of the needed size - you just set the SIZE
> attribute and the driver resizes it for you.

It is a new feature. Now that we control the system DS storage usage, we
need to know the source image size for each disk.
Can you change the drivers to look for a different name, maybe RESIZE?

> If we can't use SIZE attribute in VM templates anymore, then we could use
> a feature #1727 [1] - is it going to be included in some nearest future
> OpenNebula release?
>
> [1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1727
>
> Regards,
> Nikita

I'm not sure when we'll merge that feature, or if we will implement a
specific action "resize on depoy", but we'll take into account that it
needs to be added at some point.

Regards
--
Carlos Martín, MSc