[one-dev] Megam - Cloud orchestrator for OpenNebula

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Tue Apr 29 04:06:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

Moving just the knife plugin seems perfect to me. I think it will be
easier for other people to contribute or use it.

We have a policy that says that all the repositories for the addons
should be in the OpenNebula organization so it's easier to browse
them. I'm not sure if we can fit an extrernal repository as an addon.
I'll check with my colleagues and will get back to you.

I have created a new repository under OpenNebula organization called
addon-knife [1]. The contributors to your repo have permissions to
write in it (thomasalrin and indykish). An easy way to move the code
is to add a new remote in your local repo and push to it. Something
like:

$ git remote add addon git at github.com:OpenNebula/addon-knife.git
$ git push addon

Usually I create a base README and LICENSE but as you are moving the
code from other repository I've left the repo empty. After importing
it would be good to reformat the README file so it has the same format
as the other ones [2]. This is good as the users browsing addons can
get mostly the same information from everyone.

When all of this is ready I'll add the repository to the addon catalog
and it will also be good to create a post in our blog so we can
publicize it.

Thank you!

[1] https://github.com/OpenNebula/addon-knife
[2] https://github.com/OpenNebula/addon-iscsi/blob/master/README.md