[one-dev] OS disk size

Nikita Balashov balashov.nikita at gmail.com
Sat Dec 28 01:32:12 PST 2013

Hi everyone,

In OpenNebula 4.2 I was able to put SIZE of the OS disk atttribute in VM
template that I used to resize openvz images during VM deploy. But in 4.4
no matter what value I put in there, in deployment file I always receive
the actual image size. Is it a bug or a new feature?
That attribute is very handy for OpenVZ driver, since you don't need to
specially prepare image of the needed size - you just set the SIZE
attribute and the driver resizes it for you.

If we can't use SIZE attribute in VM templates anymore, then we could use a
feature #1727 [1] - is it going to be included in some nearest future
OpenNebula release?

[1] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1727

Regards,
Nikita