[one-users] Problem with monitoring scripts

Javier Fontan jfontan at gmail.com
Thu Sep 30 08:47:01 PDT 2010

Hello,

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 5:17 PM, Olivier Sallou <olivier.sallou at irisa.fr> wrote:
> I installed open nebula 1,4. I have a front end and a worker node.
> I have an error message with "master cannot send script" to worker node:
>
> Mon Sep 27 17:06:17 2010 [InM][I]: Monitoring host genomobyle (0)
> Mon Sep 27 17:06:19 2010 [InM][E]: Error monitoring host 0 : MONITOR FAILURE
> 0 Can not send script to remote machine: genomobyle
>
> As I had to customize user and scripts, I wonder WHERE the master try to
> send scripts. Master is Ubuntu based with system install while worker is a
> Red Hat system.
> I checked that ssh and scp for the oneadmin user can be done without
> password, this is ok. However I cannot find where the master tries to send
> the scripts (I configured one with the ssh transport).
>
> I cannot find in documentation the required directories on workder node.

Copy and execute code for im probes in one 1.4 is located here:

http://dev.opennebula.org/projects/opennebula/repository/revisions/one-1.4/entry/src/im_mad/im_ssh/one_im_ssh.rb#L60

That ssh connection creates the remote directory and writes the script
using "cat >" (script is sent in stdin).

By default remote scripts directory is /tmp/one-im. Check that is dir
and files do have correct permissions if it exists, or delete it, will
be created when monitoring the host.

Bye

--
Javier Fontan, Grid & Virtualization Technology Engineer/Researcher