[one-users] Steps to get ESX hosts up and running

Jonathan Kelley jkelley at vm-labs.com
Thu Sep 9 10:22:20 PDT 2010

Hi Tino,

I have seen this page and in my case I only have one ESX host but I will try
adding the requirements section to the template.

Here is what my template looks like:

NAME=VMwareVM
MEMORY=256
CPU=1
#NIC=[NETWORK="VMWareNet"]
DISK=[ source="WinXP_32bit_Dev",
       clone="no",
       save="no"]

And where I am lost is how to specify a VMware disk source. I have tried
specifying the vmdk file the vmx file and now have the folder name assuming
that the mount point is the NFS root directory. My nfs mount point is
/export/vg0-lv0 and I have this WinXP_32bit_Dev folder containing an XP
VMware image. This directory has the following contents:

root at xxxxx:/export/vg0-lv0# ls WinXP_32bit_Dev/
vmware-1.log  vmware.log  XP32bit-flat.vmdk  XP32bit.nvram  XP32bit.vmdk
 XP32bit.vmsd  XP32bit.vmx  XP32bit.vmxf

What am I supposed to specify in the DISK section of the template?

Thanks in advance,
Jon