[one-users] onevm actions with ESX and VMs

Jonathan Kelley jkelley at vm-labs.com
Thu Sep 16 12:47:17 PDT 2010

Hello,

Now that I have the ability to create virtual machines on my OpenNebula
cloud I am trying out the various actions of the onevm tool.

I noticed that "suspend" creates a snapshot and suspends the host however
when I resume it reverts the snapshot and powers the machine on again.
Shouldn't it resume the image?

Also is it possible that once you "shutdown" a VM that you can then "deploy"
it later? It seems like I get "wrong state" messages for a lot of these
actions.

Thanks for any help.
-Jon