[one-users] Can I do this with openNebula?

Sergei Genchev sgenchev at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 12:04:23 PST 2015

 Hi,

 I am trying to see if OpenNebula can replace vCAC (or vRA) from
vmware to automate our vm builds, miostly managing vSphere. I did read
documentation but so far I cannot yet come up with the ways to do
several things.

 I would really appreciate if you can tell me if things I want to do
are possible and maybe point me to some docs/posts/script examples:

- Can I specify a DVPortGroup for the VM? Currently all VMs inherit it
from a vMware template?
- Can I have VM name the same as a host name I supply instead of
'one-###' (I am using vOneCloud, not sure if it is a settable
parameter)
- Can I, before creating a VM, call my own script and populate context
for the VM with the data from this script?

 Thanks!