[one-users] Rotating the econe-server.log and the sunstone.log

rdiez rdiez at cesga.es
Mon Jan 5 00:27:53 PST 2015

Hi:

Try to add the option "/copytruncate" to your log logrotate setup....

By default, log rotate move the logfile and creates a new one. But the
file handle that the process uses already points to the moved (renamed)
old log file instead the newly created one... so the process already
writes in the old log file.

With the "copytruncate" option, the old log file is first copied before
"truncate" (i.e. : void its contends) instead moved.... In this manner,
the file handle already points to the right file.

Please note that this action launched by the copytruncate option is
//much slower that the default action of move the file, so there is
possible to lose a few log data while it is working...

I hope this helps you.

Cheers

/