[one-users] vxlan feature in upcoming 4.12

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Fri Feb 20 07:30:28 PST 2015

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 11:19 PM, Karsten Nielsen <karsten at unity3d.com>
wrote:

>  Thanks that clarified the setup.
>
> I have some related questions.
>
> Will this give the same network isolation as using openvswitch with vlan?

Yes. However note that isolation is achieved by a different mechanism that
may have implications in your network backend.

How does this compare to a setup of openvswtich with vxlan tunneling ?

AFAIK these are two implementations of the VXLAN protocol, but I don't know
any performance comparison. We prefer to depend on the Linux kernel
implementation to leverage the iptables filtering and not add extra
dependencies.

Cheers