[one-users] VMM 'unknown' state not being set?

Carlos Martín Sánchez cmartin at opennebula.org
Wed Feb 18 01:58:08 PST 2015

Hi,

On Mon, Feb 16, 2015 at 9:51 AM, Andy Coates <andy.coates at gmail.com> wrote:

> Running OpenNebula 4.6.2
>
> We have a custom VMM driver that is set to report 'unknown' state if we
> can't determine the current VM state on the host.  According to the docs
> the '-' character indicates unknown, and as shown below ON is seeing and
> parsing the VMM data correctly:
>
> [VMM][D]: VM 1135 successfully monitored: USEDMEMORY=4194304 USEDCPU=800
> NETTX=0 NETRX=0 *STATE=-* IP=10.0.0.174
>
> Am I missing something?  Shouldn't the VM state be set to unkn/UNKNOWN in
> this case?
>
> Thanks.

The '-' character indicates a monitoring unexpected error, like when the
monitoring probes could not parse the output. In this case OpenNebula does
nothing, the current VM state is kept.
A state='d' (disappeared) indicates that the monitoring could be done
(hypervisor is up), but the VM was not found in the list of VMs. In this
case OpenNebula will set the VM to unknown.

See:
http://docs.opennebula.org/4.6/integration/infrastructure_integration/devel-vmm.html#poll-information

Regards
--