[one-users] CentOS-7 mainline GenericCloud test image

Javier Fontan jfontan at opennebula.org
Wed Sep 24 06:54:15 PDT 2014

Here is the problem.

There is already a configuration file for eth0 that is configured for
dhcp. When the system starts it tries to start network service but
gives an error as there is no dhcp server. "network.target" is not
started. The sshd service depends on "network.target" so it does not
start.

The way cloud-init configures the network is with "ifup" command. This
configures the interface with the OpenNebula provided info but even if
the network is up the service is not. This happens after the network
service gives error.

I see two ways to fix this:

* Delete /etc/sysconfig/network-interfaces/ifcfg-eth0
* Add this patch to cloud-init to restart network service (the first
lines are already in DataSourceOpenNebula.py, just added the
start/stop network):

--8<------
        # apply static network configuration only in 'local' dsmode
        if ('network-interfaces' in results and self.dsmode == "local"):
            LOG.debug("Updating network interfaces from %s", self)
            self.distro.apply_network(results['network-interfaces'])
            try:
                (out, _err) = util.subp(["systemctl", "stop", "network"])
                (out, _err) = util.subp(["systemctl", "start", "network"])
            except util.ProcessExecutionError:
                util.logexc(LOG, "Restart network command failed")

Another thing I would do is to delete the nameserver already
configured in /etc/resolv.com:

nameserver 10.0.2.3

Another thing I've noticed is that NetworkManager is no longer
installed in the image. It was in previous versions.