[one-users] networking restart issue on Market images

Olivier Sallou olivier.sallou at irisa.fr
Thu Sep 18 06:47:04 PDT 2014

Hi,
I have tried to use the following images from Market in my OpenNebula
private cloud (4.2).

The Debian image boots but it is impossible to connect. As this image
has a login/root available, I connected to the VNC and saw that network
files (/etc/network/interfaces)  were correctly setup, but the ifconfig
command shows an errouneous config.

If I execute a "service networking restart", the network restart and
interfaces from ifconfig are fine (and network access too).

So everything done at startup by one-context.d files is correct, but it
seems that the "service networking stop/start" from contextualisation
fails (though I see nothing in /var/log).

On the Ubuntu image, from the market too, I cannot be sure, as there is
no root password to access. I only see the same symptoms (cannot connect
to the VM).

I have no issues with my own/local VMs.

I saw a previous post
(http://lists.opennebula.org/pipermail/users-opennebula.org/2014-March/044229.html)
about networking issues and I wonder if this is the same problem and
market image were not updated.

Appliance - debian-7.1-amd64-kvm
ID 	521655558fb81d2be7000003
URL 	link <http://marketplace.c12g.com/appliance/521655558fb81d2be7000003>
Publisher 	Demo-TIC
Downloads 	1637
OS 	Debian 7.1
Arch 	x86_64
Size 	5GB
Hypervisor 	KVM

Appliance - Ubuntu 14.04 - KVM - OpenNebula 4.8
ID 	53e7c1b28fb81d6a69000003
URL 	link <http://marketplace.c12g.com/appliance/53e7c1b28fb81d6a69000003>
Publisher 	C12G Labs
Downloads 	573