[one-users] Problem with Virtual Router 4.8

Hüning, Christian Christian.Huening at haw-hamburg.de
Wed Sep 10 03:56:42 PDT 2014

Hi there,

i’ve got openVSwitch running in my environment and can effectively provide
vlan isolation. I now have 3 VMS which are in an isolated network
(10.10.0.0/24) and can ping each other. I’ve got a bunch of other VMs
outside (141.22.29.0/24) and now wanted to connected these two networks with
the Virtual Router Appliance. However after setting the appliance up
regarding to the documentation, the routing effectively won’t work.

The behavior is as follows:

1.      I can access the VR via SSH

2.      The VR can reach the public network

3.      The VR can NOT ping the VMs in the private network

4.      I forward port 80 to a VM “inside” , this of course does not work.

Here’s my Context Set for the VR:

CONTEXT=[

DHCP="NO",

DNS="141.22.192.100 141.22.29.101",

FORWARDING="10.10.0.2:80",

NETWORK="YES",

NTP_SERVER="141.22.192.100",

PRIVNET="$NETWORK[TEMPLATE, NETWORK=\"MARS SimulationNetwork ISO\"]",

PUBNET="$NETWORK[TEMPLATE, NETWORK=\"MARSNetwork\"]",

RADVD="NO",

SEARCH="local.domain",

SSH_PUBLIC_KEY="$USER[SSH_PUBLIC_KEY]",

TARGET="hdb",

TEMPLATE="$TEMPLATE"

]

I am a bit lost here. NMAP however shows that port 80 is in “filtered” state
on the router.

Any suggestions?

Cheers,

christian

Christian Hüning, BSc.

Fakultät Technik und Informatik, Department Informatik

Berliner Tor 7

20099 Hamburg

Tel.: +49 40 / 42875 - 8436

Mobil: +49 40 / 180 55 44 5