[one-users] Public & Private Network - HowTo

christian xavier ccxxvr at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 18:00:32 PDT 2014

Good Day,

New here, have installed OpenNebulla 4.8, bit confused on the Public and
Private Network

I have currently :

DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=none
NM_CONTROLLED=no
ONBOOT=yes
TYPE=Ethernet
BRIDGE=br0

DEVICE=br0
TYPE=Bridge
#HWADDR="D4:AE:52:CF:EA:01"
IPADDR=62.210.82.35
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
BOOTPROTO=static
NM_CONTROLLED=no

eth1
DEVICE="eth1"
BOOTPROTO="dhcp"
DHCP_HOSTNAME="sd-648257"
HWADDR="D4:AE:52:CF:EA:01"
NM_CONTROLLED="yes"
ONBOOT="no"
TYPE="Ethernet"
UUID="dc642201-ef0b-42e6-975b-004ec6cc5d5b"

I have a Block of /27 Public IP's  and I assigned few of these to Private
Network. Or I am I oing it wrong to assign few IP's from Public IP and
attached it to br0.

I created VNET private with br0 and deployed two VM's I can launch them
through VNC. I understand this becomes private?

For Public Network: Do I need to create another Bridge from eth1 as eth2,
but my eth1 is DHCP , how do i make Public Network?

Sorry, If this might have answered earlier. Please help this Student
here.....

Thanks in Advance

Cx