[one-users] RANK=FREEMEMORY

Ruben S. Montero rsmontero at opennebula.org
Thu Oct 30 05:33:40 PDT 2014

Hi Steven,

This should be working as long it is in the host information. Could you
send the onehost show -x for one of the hosts? (You can send it to me
offlist if there is any sensible information).

The Rank expression is supposed to work with any variable under the
following XPaths:

    "/HOST/TEMPLATE/",
    "/HOST/HOST_SHARE/",
    "/HOST/",
    "/HOST/CLUSTER_TEMPLATE/

Cheers

Ruben

On Wed, Oct 29, 2014 at 10:34 PM, Steven Timm <timm at fnal.gov> wrote:

> Under OpenNebula 3 we have been using RANK=FREEMEMORY
> to launch the next virtual machine on the hypervisor which
> has the most memory available at the time.  I am using the
> same in OpenNebula 4.8 but it does not appear to be working,
> even though FREEMEMORY is still a documented selection variable
> in the requirements section.  In particular
> all the RANKS of the machines show up as "0" in the sched.log
> when you look at the allocation cycle and there is no "FREEMEMORY"
> variable reported in the output of
> onehost show xxxx
> under opennebula 4.8.
>
> Are there other selection variables which could have
> the same desired effect, i.e. a horizontal fill of the cloud?
>
> Steve Timm

Ruben S. Montero, PhD
Project co-Lead and Chief Architect