[one-users] Template wizard slider ranges are hardcoded

Jhon Masschelein jhon.masschelein at surfsara.nl
Mon Oct 27 08:11:05 PDT 2014

Hi,

Looking at sunstone, the slider ranges for the CPU, Memory, etc… values in the template wizard are hardcoded in the javascript.

ex:
memory_slider.empty().noUiSlider({
                    handles: 1,
                    connect: "lower",
                    range: [0,1600],
                    start: 1,
                    step: 50,
                    value: 51200,
                    slide: memory_slider_change,
                });

Sadly, those values are way to low for our infrastructure, so I've started manually changing them.
But every time we upgrade to the next version of OpenNebula, we will need to do this again, which is not a "happy thought".

Would it be possible to make these values parameters in the sunstone-server.conf file, a bit like the cloud view template profiles?

Wkr,

Jhon