[one-users] LDAP Authentication with TLS

Pavel Tankov pavel.tankov at strategyobject.com
Tue Oct 14 07:47:53 PDT 2014

Hello,

I have Opennebula 4.8 and OpenLDAP 2.4.23 on a CentOS 6.5. I followed
the doc [1] and succeeded in getting LDAP users to log on the Sunstone
UI. Then I made my OpenLDAP accept TLS connections only and can't
connect anymore.

The documentation [1] says:

"
Considerations & Limitations

LDAP auth driver has a bug that does not let it connect to TLS LDAP
instances. A patch is available in the bug issue [2] to fix this. The
fix will be applied in future releases.
"

However, the bug [2] is fixed by Javi Fontan almost 2 years ago. He said
in his commit message: "I've applied the patch mostly verbatim. Thanks!"
So, is the documentation for 4.8 wrong or is this limitation still valid
now?

Thanks!

[1] http://docs.opennebula.org/4.8/administration/authentication/ldap.html
[2] http://dev.opennebula.org/issues/1171